Tuition Plaza: ONLINE TUTORING
Online Tutoring HomepageHomepage  Quiz QuestionsQuiz  Homework HelpHomework  ForumForum  Active TopicsActive  SearchSearch  HelpHelp
Malaysian EditionMalaysia  ScoreScore  Create QuizCreate  Invite FriendsInvite  Display List of MembersMembers  About UsAbout
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Information & Communication Technology
 Online Tutoring : Forum : Homework Help - Engineering & Technology : Information & Communication Technology
Topic Topic: Excel Math Functions Post ReplyNew Question
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Anjodesa

Posted: 27 November 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Anjodesa

Hi there,

I am a first time user to this site and I need some serious help with my IT homework.  I need to do a function in my excel spreadsheet.  I have to convert a Fahrenheit temp to Celcius, my Professor is expecting me to follow the rule (PEMDAS) however, he wants us to subract 32 from the Fahrenheit number, than multiply by 5, then divide by 9.  As you can see it's not in the same order as the Rule and I dont know how to multiply (having to do this first) without first having the answer to the subtraction. 

Can you help me?

Please get back to me.  Thank you very much

Sreee

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Sreee

Back to Top View Sreee's Profile Search for other posts by Sreee

Ranvir

Posted: 03 May 2007 at 11:21pm | IP Logged Quote Ranvir

If you know how to create a spreadsheet with different column headings then you can work your way through.

Let us say the first line across is reserved for headings - that would be all the cells - A1, B1,C1, D1 etc. You can increasing the width of each cell to accommodate the headings. You can have all columns of same width say 8 0r 12 or you can have each one fit each title. The numbers in each column could be aligned to the left, right or centre justified ( your choice ).

A - First column - Enter degrees F value in cell A2
B - Next Column - degress F-32 will be in cell B2, write in                cell B2,  A2-32
C - Next Column - In Cell location C2, write be B2*5
D - Next column - In Cell location D2 write C2/9

If you can figure out one line correctly then the rest of the table can be completed by copy and paste. There are some tutorials available under help - and you should look at some worked examples to get used to the various manipulations. We all learn these things a step at a time. In you calculations sometime you are required to write them slightly differently depending upon if you are using open office or excell worksheet. e.g. +(F-32), +(B2/5), +(C2/9) etc.

Good luck. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyNew Question
Printable version Printable version